Subject: viewfinders, R vs. Nikkormat (was: Re: [Leica] Film for school play)
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2000 19:06:16 -0800

On Tue, 12 December 2000, "Mike Durling" wrote:

<SNIP>
> Actually the crisp groundglass and the unobtrusive microprisims of the FTN
> make it a joy with the long glass.  To bring this back on topic since I
> haven't ever used a Leica SL or R I wonder how the Nikkormat finder holds up
> against the Leica SLRs?

I hate to disappoint you Mike but there's not much that can approach the viewfinder of an SL (the R8, almost).  The Nikkormat (FTN or FT2, I've used 'em both) has quite a good viewing system and I'd say it's easier on the eyes than the R4sP but the R8, SL and SL2 are much much better.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!