Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Problems with Leica M6 0.85 rangefinder: flare
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:25:20 EST

In a message dated 12/12/00 11:37:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
danh@selectsa.com writes:

<< Good to know, Stephen.  I'd just been looking at KEH, Tamarkin, and Don
 Chatterton--all relatively pricey by comparison.  One of these days I will
 have to get myself to a shop that has a supply of used Leica equipment so I
 can check these out firsthand and maybe find a bargain.  The M3 is the
 perfect body for a Noctilux. >>

    I have found it so.  The M4 is almost as good, with its flare-free
finder, but with .72 rather than .91 finder magnification.  I would consider
it ideal for use with a 35 under conditions which cause flare in the M6
finder.  BTW, either body excels with focussing of the 75/1.4, particularly
the M3.
    The 90 bright line finder (SGVOO) has an outer frameline that matches the
75mm field very well.  The alternative would be any good quality 85mm finder.

Joe Sobel