Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Problems with Leica M6 0.85 rangefinder: flare
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:01:09 -0500

At 08:52 AM 12/12/00 -0800, you wrote:

>How many M3's that are beat up have seen professional use?  PLenty....
>and the risk that the VF is not clear

  I haven't seen so many that have hard usage, but _many_ that show lots of
scars from 40 years of amateur use and non-use (knocked around in storage),
moldy shutter curtains, sticky mechanisms and, worst of all, viewfinders
with fungus and faded rangefinders.

>I realize that this started with a discussion of a M6 .85..... about the
>same as a M3 in VF parlance..... but the M3 are WAY overpriced.

  Yes, I think so too; for the price of a decent M3 you could buy a
brand-new or like-new M6.

  I like the old M3, used my first one about 25 years ago, but
operationally compared to the M6 an M3 (and M2) leaves lots to be desired.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net