Subject: Re: [Leica] Options for when Ebay seller breaches contract?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:51:02 -0800

Roger wrote:

> Of over 100 successful Ebay transactions, it seems I
> came across someone who is not honoring the rules.
>
> Advice is welcome.
>
> I was high bidder on some 8x10 film (item plus
> shipping came to $59), mailed the seller a check which
> cleared on 11/27/00, and still no package has arrived.
> The seller has not responded to any of my emails. Took
> the money and ran, or so it seems as I have nothing to
> show for it.
>
> What really bothers me about this is that it
> undermines trust.

Trust in the brotherhood of man?!!
While we all know each other on this small intimate list, the LUG, Ebay is the
whole wide cruel woirld!!

The Naked city.
There's a millions stories in the Naked city, and this is only once of them…

unfortunately ebay is not a city its the woirld and it's a million stories a
day, not year
and there is no way we can keep up with them all!

And you may not be aware, Roger that ebay has been quite a contentious issue
here on the lug.
I happen to be in the Rabid anti ebay faction.
I'd rather just go out and pick up the latest shutterbug any day than do the
ebay game.
But that's just me!!!

mark rabiner
:)