Subject: [Leica] Queries
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:28:59 -0500

LUGers,
I never cease to be amazed at the queries put before this august body.
Pray tell, does not anyone have a mind of his or her own? Can’t anyone
make a decision on their own? My mind reels. Such questions as – tripod
– what kind of tape should I use? Leica logo on the M6 – should I tape
over it or not? School play – what kind of film should I use?

Here are some potential dilemmas facing many Leica owners that need to
be discussed among those who can’t or don’t want to make their own
decisions.

What kind of gloves should I wear when I take my M6 out in the cold?

I have a chance to buy a PC cord with gold plated terminals for only
$400 – should I buy it?

My M6 was accidentally run over by a car – what should I do?

I have been offered a black paint 35/2 for a song but all my other
lenses are chrome. If I buy this mint lens, do you think they will along
with each other?

I always seem to be tripping over one of the legs of my tripod. Does
anyone make a good bipod that can help me solve this problem?

I live in northern Canada not far from the Arctic Circle and it’s dark
six months of the year. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can make
the sun come out?

And last but not least ---

I am a confirmed Leica user and recently bought a new, in the box, in
the plastic bag chrome M4 and, in the presence of a confirmed collector,
tore open the plastic bag, threw away the box and began using the M4.
The collector immediately foamed at the mouth, his pupils dilated, took
a gun out of his pocket and aimed it at me. Luckily there was only one
round in the thing and it grazed the M4. Then the totally deranged
collector lunged at me but I managed to subdue him by bashing him with
the M4. This dented the metal lens shade on the 50/2. Here’s my question
– was I out of line in my actions?

Cordially,

Kurt

Replies: Reply from George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca> ([Leica] Re: Queries)