Subject: [Leica] 50mm Summicron question
From: "Brian" <bkharris@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:32:34 -0500

I've been a Lurker for quite some time now and thought it was about time to
post.  I just picked up a used 50mm Canadian Summicron this weekend from my
local shop to complement my M6 and 35mm Summilux.  Well I got home, mounted
the summicron on the M6, and preceded to take a test roll.  When I was done
I went to take the 50 off and put the 35 back on.  I pushed the lens release
button and began to unscrew the lens.  Instead of grabbing behind the
focussing ring where I guess you are supposed to, I grabbed the barrel to
twist off the lens.  Imagine my suprise when the half of the lens in front
of the focussing ring started to unscrew.  I was then curious so I went
ahead and unscrewed it.  This left half of the lens with all the glass in it
in my hand and the focussing ring and bayonet mount still on the camera.
Now to the point of my post.  Is this normal?  It sure does make it easy
getting to the rear element for cleaning.  Should I just take the lens back?
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
Brian

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] 50mm Summicron question)
Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] 50mm Summicron question)