Subject: Re: [Leica] Film for school play
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:44:40 EST

In a message dated 12/11/00 6:31:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
merlin@flyingemu.com writes:

<< My guess is that your film speed will be OK but focal length may be
lacking.  Without a longer lens many of my photos of the kids' school plays
would look like I had lined up rag-encrusted dolls on a shelf and had used a
P&S to get the maximum amount of bland forefround and equally drab school
stage curtains in the picture.  School stage lighting is horrid, too.

 I'd suggest a 75 or 90 for some detail of the players.  You may even want a
135 Elmarit-M.

My experience also.  The 135/2.8 performs surprisingly well under these
circumstances, even with a Visoflex.  I use a monopod and shoot it mainly at
2.8.  I am speaking of the later (55mm filter) version, which I believe to be
the same lens as the R version.  I got inferior results with the earlier
(Series VII) version, but I never performed a controlled comparison test.

Joe Sobel

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Film for school play)