Subject: Re: [Leica] M-6 shutter release cord
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:33:04 -0700

Well, when the money is tight here is what I do.

First get one of Tom A.'s soft releases and glue on a 4" by 4" piece of
plastic. Next get an old ping pong ball and very carefully inject some honey
through a small hole. Not too much as you want the ball heavier but not
dangerous. Set up the camera with your modified soft release and mount a
tube from a spent roll of toilet paper just above the camera aimed at the
soft release. Punch two small holes in the bottom of the tube, run string
through the holes and put the modified ping pong ball in place. To fire the
camera, just pull the string. Simple. Perhaps a housekeeping message with
this and other helpful tips I have devised might be in order.....

John Collier

PS: As you can see, I may not be the best person to ask about cable
releases.

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] M-6 shutter release cord)