Subject: Re: [Leica] R6.2 mirror slap
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2000 03:42:32 -0800

On Mon, 11 December 2000, Maestro Logos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in acquiring an R6.2 body. I like everything about this body,
> except that it may have a little bit more of a mirror slap than I'd like.
>
> Not having shot with this camera myself, I'd love to hear comments from
> experienced users. Thanks.
>
> Logos

Most of the R-bodies' morror slap is on the down stroke.  The upswing is very gentle and quiet.  Try it with a slow shutter speed, or better, the shutter set on B, and see if the upswing slap is acceptable to you.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!