Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R equipment and its future
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:20:35 -0800

> "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com> wrote:
>
> > My only hesitation stems from the possibility that there may never be
> > a digital back or body for R lenses.

Brougham replied:

> postpone
> everything because of what might happen next year, you'll never buy
> into a system.  Everything will become obsolete.  Everything.<<<<<<<
> snip:

Can't agree more, too many folks goin' on what about tomorrow etc. etc.
hand wringing, worrying about things they have absolutely no no no control
over. Basically who cares about tomorrow?  For tomorrow we might die!

The most important thing each morning is to be vertical and breathing, a
smile on yer face 'cause you feel good and what the hell you made it
through the night for another day of picture taking ! :-)

> of
> the near future?<<<<<<

And here's another so called worry wart item! Digi backs and whatever for
Leica!   Another no brainer, why?  Because by the time Leica come out with
a whiz bang digi cam to take your wonderful leica lenses you'll be so old,
God wont take you nor the devil have you!   So "What me worry?" not on your
sweet bippy, too many pictures to take, too many places to go!

>  >>>>>>Buy what you need/want for today.  And then just go out and
> shoot, like Ted says.  Spend all your time worrying about future
> details that may never happen, and you won't have any time to burn
> through film today!<<<<<<<

Right on! And if more folks would spend less time going on about Leica and
their plans for the future, when absolutely no one on this list has any
true idea of what goes on in the boardroom, nor are their concerns any
concern of the boardroom, they'd have lots more pictures and a lot less
belly acid attacks, hand wringing and looking haggard,  instead of happy
smiley sweet photographer faces. Go take pictures and use yer toys! :-)

ted Grant