Subject: [Leica] film is dieing..... according to Kodak at least
From: "Birkey" <dbirkey@uio.telconet.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:20:07 -0500

Film is slowly dying..... according to Kodak at least... I was watching
MSNBC over lunch the other day and they mentioned how Kodak said that their
profits and film sales were down.... part to competition from Fuji etc...
and part to digital...  Hence their stock price has dropped some...

To make this more personal....   My D30 arrived yesterday and is waiting for
me as soon as I get back to the U.S. and well...  I know my future film
consumption will go down dramatically.  It will be able to handle most of my
day to day work and just about everything for publication where I don't need
a really wide lens  :

And am I ever looking forward to not having to shoot the film... run to the
lab, go back to the lab and then spend most of a day scanning images to get
things into a digital format...  I'll actually have more time to do things
like go out and shoot images...  Hip hip Hurray...

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador:
http://duane_birkey.tripod.com

>> .  Film is dying, if not yet dead, sorry I thought I would never say
>> that.
<<<<<