Subject: [Leica] Re: In defense of Tchaikovsky (was: Highquality porn)
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:11:09 -0800

- --=====================_5878072==_.ALT

>on 7/12/00 4:06 pm, Martin Howard at howard.390@osu.edu wrote:
>
>> Mozart, I find, is remarkable.  A great deal of his music is just absolutely
>> perfect.  Every note, every beat, every nuance is as it only could be.
>> Within a single piece he constructs a framework and then plays within that
>> framework to perfection.

>At 05:25 PM 12/7/00 -0500, Johnny Deadman wrote:
>
>Yeah, but who cares? Bach turns my head upside down in such a great way. I
>really can't stand mozart. Trills and toots and tunes, bah, humbug. Totally
>with you in Britten. Top man, as are many of the vastly underrated Brit 20th
>C composers. Also Copland, Stravinsky, Gershwin and Purcell. For the
>ultimate in pin-yer-ears-back-thrills, though, put on the Montiverdi
>vespers, turn up loud and hang on to your seat.
>
>Schubert & Beethoven's quartets!
>
>But let's not forget Dinosaur Jr, Big Black and the Go-Betweens.
>
>Johnny Deadman

M & J,

You guys are just so cool! I can't believe that I have actually shared the same
ether with you. Your fecund and consummate minds deliver inkhorn terms that
continue to be the quintessence of erudition. Since you are Redbrick graduates,
you will neither be subjected to contumely for your erudition nor for your
threnody.

You are the impresario of their last movement.

A giant BM.

So in keeping with the rhetoric,

<http://www.funstun.com/christmas2.htm>http://www.funstun.com/christmas2.htm

I'm nictitating, of course.

Jim

- --=====================_5878072==_.ALT

&gt;on 7/12/00 4:06 pm, Martin Howard at howard.390@osu.edu wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Mozart, I find, is remarkable.&nbsp; A great deal of his music
is just absolutely<br>
&gt;&gt; perfect.&nbsp; Every note, every beat, every nuance is as it
only could be.<br>
&gt;&gt; Within a single piece he constructs a framework and then plays
within that<br>
&gt;&gt; framework to perfection.<br>
&gt;At 05:25 PM 12/7/00 -0500, Johnny Deadman wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Yeah, but who cares? Bach turns my head upside down in such a great
way. I<br>
&gt;really can't stand mozart. Trills and toots and tunes, bah, humbug.
Totally<br>
&gt;with you in Britten. Top man, as are many of the vastly underrated
Brit 20th<br>
&gt;C composers. Also Copland, Stravinsky, Gershwin and Purcell. For
the<br>
&gt;ultimate in pin-yer-ears-back-thrills, though, put on the
Montiverdi<br>
&gt;vespers, turn up loud and hang on to your seat.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Schubert &amp; Beethoven's quartets!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;But let's not forget Dinosaur Jr, Big Black and the
Go-Betweens.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Johnny Deadman<br>
M &amp; J,<br>
You guys are just so cool! I can't believe that I have actually shared
the same ether with you. Your fecund and consummate minds deliver inkhorn
terms that continue to be the quintessence of erudition. Since you are
Redbrick graduates, you will neither be subjected to contumely for your
erudition nor for your threnody.<br>
You are the impresario of their last movement.<br>
A giant BM.<br>
So in keeping with the rhetoric,<br>
</a>I'm nictitating, of course.<br>
Jim<br>