Subject: Re: [Leica] Homicide and photography
From: Aaron Ruby <aruby@rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 19:00:20 -0500

on 12/7/00 5:16 PM, Maciver2@aol.com at Maciver2@aol.com wrote:

> Paul Chefurka said:

It's not just Germans. . .   not
> just Jews with their rocket launching helicopters against stone wielding
> palestinians...It's all of us..

 Given the current state of events in Palestine, I think the question Why as
a jew" is more than relevent.

Paul:

First, I think you've made a big mistake in going after B.D. the way you
have. I think his point was not that  the suffering of the Jews should
receive some moral primacy above that of others; if so, B.D. would have to
be a fool, claiming that the Nazi holocaust is all about Jews when they
didn't even constitute a majority of those systematically murdered by the
Nazis. I think the principle of charity, at minimum, dictates that B.D. is
not a fool. Rather I think he objected rightfully to the blatantly erroneous
claim Stanislaw made that the Jews were chosen for persecution in Germany
"by coincidence".

Second, unless you are intentionally trying to provoke a whole new husserai
on this list, you might reconsider your offensive identification of Jewery
with the architects of Israeli domestic policy. It's fairly pathetic that in
the midst of your platitude ridden rants about genocide, you need to be
reminded that Jews are a religous/cultural/ethnic population with near
global distribution, NOT a nationality (Modern Israeli or otherwise). In
fact, I believe there are still more Jews outside Israel's borders than
within them. So lay off the "Jews with their rocket launchers" bullshit.

"As a Jew" I thank you in advance.

Aaron Ruby