Subject: [Leica] Homicide and photography
From: Stanislaw Stawowy <stanislaw_stawowy@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:09:07 -0800 (PST)

Friends!

Being somewhat severely ill, I was able only to watch
your discussions
in past days; now I want to say some - maybe just to
not forget how to type :-)

There is no genetic addiction to killing as someone
tried to state.
People in Germany were simply poor - after crisis
which touched
many of them They were trying to find someone they
could point on
and say: Twas because of him! We are poor because of
them!
It was somewhat a coincidence they choosed Jews.
Now I see xenofoby ewerywhere where people are poor -
they are looking for someone to be called guilty.
Usually
a well defined ethnic group. Look at the face of this
German soldier from Auschwitz-Birkenau - this was a
German
worker - this could be a American farmer. No
difference.
War was something incredibily ill, not because there
were
bad guys to shoot up and good guys who had to win, but
because there were bad guys at both sides of
barricade.
The biggest one-time murder was bombing the Leipizg,
not even the Hiroshima. There was no need to do it, so
why?
Because people wanted blood.
This is the most terrifying thing to me - typical
people from the
streets are changing into demonic monsters. At every
side.
Want more examples? Killing all Polish officers in
Katyn
by Russians and throwing their bodies into mass
graves,
burning out Wietnamese homes by Americans, even
first concentration camps, invented, as you probably
know,
by British soldiers.
This is a real reason to be frightened - typical,
simple people,
living in some pretty little village are becoming
inhuman
killers. Why? How can this happen?
There is no aggression common to one race, like there
is
no racially coded ability. We are all alike, differ
only in
our lives and education, which makes us like we are.
Look at Robert Capa photos; he wanted to show this.
To teach something. And I fear he didn't.

                                St