Subject: Re: [Leica] adams/weston
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:00:09 -0800

>on 12/4/00 11:39 PM, Guy Bennett at guybnt@idt.net wrote:
>>
>> "i intend the act of photographic perception itself to be the subject of
>> the photograph."
>>
>> guy
>
>Your post certainly said it well, Guy. As I mentioned earlier, Weston's
>photos really hit me hard in a way that AA's work never did. This is a good
>explanation why. I have always been fascinated by the picture of the toilet
>in Mexico and had wondered why AA's rose did not affect me in the same way.
>
>Dean

on a comical note, i was driving home from a meeting this afternoon, and on
the lawn in front of somebody's house there stood an old toilet - they were
obviously waiting for the trashman (or scavengers, more than likely) to
come and pick it up. i had my camera with me and for one second
contemplated pulling over and shooting one or two 'homages' to weston, but
i let it go. little did i know that we'd be discussing him on the lug when
i got home.

to my knowledge, there are two famous modernist 'toilets': weston's and
duchamp's (technically, a urinal but close enough for me). does anyone know
of any others?

guy