Subject: [Leica] Re: (Leica) Minox-Leica IIIf
From: "Jon" <jtec@cnw.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:26:55 -0800

> > From: "Jon" <jtec@cnw.com>
> > and was wondering if anyone has seen a review of the "Minox-Leica IIIf"

> From: "Brian McCarthy" <brian@straightline.co.uk>
> There's a picture of it in the 'Leica Bulletin' I received this morning
in
> the post......

Thanks for the feedback, Brian.  The Fall LeicaView article has an
excellent photo of the little IIIf copy, it really caught my eye.  I've
never done much with the 8x11 Minox format because their cameras have a
curved film plate which requires a comparable curved negative holder in the
enlarger.  I assume it has to do with the close proximity of the 15mm lens
to the film in the sub-mini Minox cameras.  This new camera is a different
animal, though, with more room fore and aft, so I'm hoping it uses a flat
film plane.  I've seen some remarkable images from sub-mini's using newer
films.