Subject: [Leica] Re: Berlin exhibitions
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 15:10:29 -0800

At 10:58 PM 12/4/00 +0200, Christer Almqvist wrote:
>Some of the very large prints are
>'high density laser prints' and I could not tell the difference from
>a silver RC print. Looking at them at a close distance, the grain
>structure is exactly like on a large conventional format silver print
>looked at through as strong loupe.
>
>Christer Almqvist

Laser prints are not ink jet prints. They ARE silver prints and developed
in wet darkroom developer just like any other photo print. A LightJet is a
laser printer of this type. This is the easiest way to make L-A-R-G-E
prints. Scan the neg on a drum scanner (5000+ DPI which will record the
grain as it is) and print on a LightJet (laser) or Chromera (LED) printer
on to photo paper. This removes the problems associated with very large
optical blow-ups and handling the paper. Laser and LED printers connect up
to a roller print processor. Ciba, RA4, or B&W.

Jim