Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 14:53:54 EST

In a message dated 12/3/00 11:01:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
horsts@primus.com.au writes:

 <People who write this, have no idea what they are talking about. They have
no
 idea what the Nazi regime was....
The only ones who really know what nazism meant...
[r]emember, there was... good about this regime.
...achievements like the Autobahn, the rockets
 etc....>

    The above quote has been deliberately edited for the sole purpose of
demonstrating the potentially misleading effect of removing language from its
proper context.  My reference to neo-nazis was neither positive nor
light-hearted.  In fact, I thought the sarcasm was, if anything, a bit heavy.

    Please rest assured that I found the jingoistic, xenophobic (that's right
- - with an "x") aspects of the entire thread distasteful.  The wrong was
compounded by patronizing responses to posts expressing outrage at some of
the nonsense, characterizing legitimate concern as only so much "political
correctness".
    Horst, my apologies for the abominable editing of your post.  I did it
only to make  a point I regard as critical.  I share your sentiments, and I,
for one, appreciate your speaking out.

Joe Sobel