Subject: Re: [Leica] Tokyo
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 14:49:32 +0100

Hello Mikiro,

> It is a pity that you leave before new year holidays, which are the most
> special (and phogogenic) time of the year in Japan (like Christmas in
> occidental countries). Nevertheless, during your stay, you can enjoy special
> atmosphere of the year-end (toshi-no-se) in markets where people buy new
> year ornaments and food to make "osechi-ryori" with, particularly in down
> town area (Ueno, Asakusa, et al.)
>
> There is a big photo museum (Tokyo-to Shashin Bijutsukan, or Metropolitan
> Museum of Photography) in Ebisu (near Shibuya) and many many small galleries
> that would interest you. I cannot give you detailed info because I do not
> live there now.
>
> Tokyo is a Leica heaven. Just walk around Ginza area and you will find a
> dozen camera shops displaying a variety of Leicas. New items are reasonably
> priced (a gray market M6 is sold for around 1600 euro), while old ones,
> particularly collector's items are very expensive.  Lemon Co.
> (http://www.lemonsha.com) used to be a place I haunted. It is worth a visit.

Thank you for all this valuable information! Too bad lemonsha is in japanese
only - I couldn't find an english link... I won't throw the first stone as
my exhibition site is french only at this time...

> I enjoyed your site very much. C'est cool.

Thank you, I'll work on an english version as soon as I have some time!

Tarek

Tarek Charara
L'expo continue sur/The exhibition continues at
http://www.orients-unis.net