Subject: [Leica] Re: C41 films
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 12:22:29 -0500

rshuntl@netscape.net (Steve Huntley) wrote:

> I followed with interest the discussion of C41 b&w films. But
> here's a question: If you are going to shoot C41, why not use
> a color film so that you have the choice of color or black
> and white prints? No need to carry two cameras, one loaded
> with color and the other with b&w.

On occasion I do make B&W prints and computer images from color film. What I
find, though, is that my choice of subject matter and framing are often
influenced by the film I'm using. My eye and brain know when I've got B&W in
the camera. :-) Besides a film like XP2 Super has its own unique way of
capturing light, and I use it for that more than for the sake of
convenience. I'm also fond of Polaroid's PolaPan CT in 35mm format for the
same reason...the quick & easy processing is nice but secondary.

- -Dave-