Subject: Re: [Leica] leica zoom lenses
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 20:53:15 -0800

Dan States wrote:

> amazing from there down.  It exhibets amazingly high accutance, contrast and flare
> control.
>
> My only complaint would be a bit of pincusion distortion at the 60-70 range,<<<<<<<

Dan & Guys,
Honest,  I'm not trying to be factious or a smart ass,  but what is "pin cushion
distortion" and how do you recognize it when shooting a building burning down? Hell,  I
don't even know what it is to start with let alone where and how it might effect my
pictures. Nor what to look for.

I mean in reality,  I may have a bummer of a lens and not even know it! Does it effect
the quality of the content also?

please enlighten! thanks.

ted