Subject: [Leica] Re: Gandy & Puts objectivity
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:51:47 -0700

On 1 Dec 2000, Stephen Gandy wrote, at least in part:

> In answer to Roger, I started this tangent because after butting
> heads with Erwin for years, I finally realized it was not the
> subject under discussion that was at the real heart of the issue,
> but his promotion of new Leica products (and therefore sales)
> while maintaining how objective he is.  Whether you agree or
> disagree is up to you, but that is my take on it.

A tangent it was not, Stephen. It was a direct frontal assault on
the man's ethics, credibility and motives! Something that he is
too much of a gentleman to ever have done to you.

Erwin *talks* about, *not promotes* the new Leica products
BECAUSE THEY ARE NEW! New stuff from Leica is bound to be in
the forefront of Leica enthusiast's and owner's interest. If you
equate enthusiam, as a result of testing that you and I aren't
capable of doing, as promotion, then you and I are further at
odds.

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica