Subject: Re: [Leica] What BD stands for....not that B.D.!
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:23:34 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 30/11/00 22:54:22 Paris, Madrid, jbcollier@home.com
a écrit :

<< I have not seen an answer to your question so here goes. The Leica IIIf was
 first available with a black flash sync adjusting dial (concentric with the
 shutter speed dial) The later IIIf had a red dial. An improved shutter was
 in the very last of the BD cameras and all the RD cameras. There were
 virtually no BD cameras with a self timer but the RD was also available with
 a self timer. The "red" in the RD cameras sync dial can get pretty grimy and
 sometimes true RD cameras are advertised as BD cameras. I hope this helps
 and I know that others will cheerfully step in and correct any mistakes I
 have made.

 John Collier

 > From: V8PWR@aol.com
 >
 > Can you tell me what III F " BD " stands for .

Thanks John , now I'm happy . Off topic I'm listening to the last CD from a
company named Nitronics . The CD is named
Drag Sounds 2001 . Nothing to do with Leicas except that this is the kind of
music my M's are used to . The work great in that smokey environment .
www.nitronics.com   ( I know you'll love it ) .
Chears

Jo Goodtimes , France .
Live Free or Die.