Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #222
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:27:07 -0800

Robert Marvin wrote:

> on 12/1/00 3:01 AM,Voightgroup@Aol.com wrote:
>
> > Recently, I resurrected my IIIf from the back of my camera shelf. Can't seem
> > to load a roll of film into it without the film jamming and/or tearing. I ran
> > tons of film through it many years ago. As I remember it, sometimes I would
> > trim the tab down per the little picture on the base plate, sometimes not. It
> > didn't seem to make a difference. Even loaded my home-rolled cassettes
> > without a problem. Is today's film base thinner?
>
> -Interesting question--when I resurrected my IIIa a couple of years ago
> I had the same problem. In the 60s, I bulk loaded my film and cut a VERy
> short leader--even shorter than the commercial leaders today--it never
> caused a problem. I had a Japanese copy of a Leitz template, but never used
> it as it was extra work and wasn't necessary. Now if I don't cut a long
> leader (usually with the template) the SAME IIIa and my IIIf will not load
> properly. Is it a change in the film base or just that my nearly 40 years
> older hands are less dexterous?
> Bob Marvin

Take me to your short leader, Bob!!
	and give yourself an even break, you'll get the hang of it again!
You've just got to go through film!!!
It will be easier loading that camera while walking down a crowded sidewalk!

mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
http://people.oven.com/jbm/temp-displays/Mark_Rabiner/Marks_Zone_System.pdf