Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of Manufacture
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:15:34 +0100

le 30.11.2000 19:27, Alan Hull à hull@telia.com a écrit :

> What would you think if you were in Paris and went into an expensive
> French restaurant and ordered the day menu, only to have an English
> chef slap some greasy egg and chips on your plate?
>
> Non Non.

Biensur que non, but your example is not correct. If I go to a French
restaurant, I expect French cuisine...  the vegetables could be European
(although I doubt it), the fish could be Portuguese and the chef German. :-)
I leica dis restaurant! But the cuisine is still French.

When you buy a Leica, this is what you get. No? It's quality by German
standards.

Tarek

Tarek Charara
L'expo continue sur/The exhibition continues at
http://www.orients-unis.net

Replies: Reply from Nick Poole <nick.botton@camphill.org.uk> (Re: [Leica] Country of Manufacture)