Subject: Re: [Leica] Tokyo Tales (Long!) - Part 2
From: Mikiro <arbos@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:58:04 +0100

Hi, Tom.
Thank you for your reports, and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to
Tokyo and Hong-Kong.  How I miss good Japanese and Cantonese foods! On this
part of the globe, they are just dream....

> Instead, there were new lenses and different mounts on
> lenses. Most of this stuff is still cloaked in secrecy so I cannot tell
> anything. But there are a couple of pieces that can be revealed, a small,
> compact 39mm screw-mount lens that fills the gap between the 15 and 25 (snip)

This sounds very interesting.  A tiny 21/4 would be nice, if one does not
want to spend a lot for a 21/2.8 asph which is rather big...

>a new black/white film from Fuji, it is a 100 ASA and the name in
>Japan is ACROS (no, I have no idea what it means either) and judging from the
>two rolls I shot, it could give Delta 100 a run for its money!

I have heard a lot of good things about this film and that the name means
"ultimate" in Greek.  It is not so exaggerated, is it?  ;-)

Cheers,

Mikiro
Strasbourg
http://arbos.silva.net