Subject: [Leica] Leitz binocs
From: "Rich VanBuskirk" <rwvanbuskirk@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:06:23 -0800

Hello folks,

I know this is primarily a rangefinder group but I've seen some comments on
binoculars in the archives so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I'm looking at
some used Leitz 10X40 BA binoculars.  I'm quite happy with the optics and
prefer the size of this older model to the larger Leica "new generation"
binocs.  I'm curious though.  The new Leicas are nitrogen purged and
completely waterproof.  Anyone know if the Leitz BA's offer a similar
feature?

Thanks in advance,
Rich