Subject: [Leica] country of origin
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:25:20 -0500

Gentlemen, gentlemen, I have created a monster. Please forgive me.

My argument DID NOT espouse a belief in inborn or genetic superiority or anything
else like that. My proposal was regarding culture, which is a collective expression
of a force which on a smaller scale goes by the name of PEER PRESSURE. All of you who
have had children know very well what a powerful motivating force this is, no?

So certainly a person of Portuguese descent or an Outer Slobovian or whatever who
lived for formative years in Germany  would work like a German if he got a job in the
Leica factory. I don't particularly care what beast they ride to work, what their
religious beliefs are or
what their mother tongue was, GOT IT?

Throw most innocent men into a prison and they'll start thinking like criminals after
a while. Put the same man instead into a
monastery and he'll be a holy roller soon enough.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] country of origin)