Subject: [Leica] CoF and Macro
From: "Anderson, Ferrel E" <AndersonF@ria.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:11:03 -0600

According to a press release on the 100 APO Macro Elmarit R printed in a Modern
photography, the focal length of this lens at 1:2 magnification is approximately
92mm.

For years I used the 90mm f2.8 Elmarit-R lens with the Elpro close-up lens with
superb results. I even used it for photographing small illustrations with no
apparent loss of sharpness caused by field curvature.  For most applications, I
stopped the lens down to f8-11.  Wonderful combination - light weight, and no
loss in speed since the Elpro does not require bellows extension.

Ferrel Anderson

Replies: Reply from Jean Marc Becker <jean-marc.becker@wanadoo.fr> (Re: [Leica] CoF and Macro)