Subject: [Leica] Re: [OT] Gridlock
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:55:09 -0500

At 01:24 PM 11/30/00 -0800, Mark wrote:
>I think i was being anti political!!
>what the heck is gridlock???

Gridlock is what happens when we have a Legislative Branch that will be so
split down the middle that it will be nearly paralyzed from passing any
legislation for fear of loosing seats. It is a Executive Branch that will
be likewise paralyzed for fear of loosing (or not gaining back depending on
the election outcome) even the slightest of edges in the Legislative Branch.

With the two wings of the Incumbent Party fighting amongst themselves, the
chances that they will have time to further limit our Liberty for the
illusion of some security are far less likely. (Leaving us with much less
worry and more time to photograph life with our Leicas.) ...:)

"The Government that governs least, governs best." - my man, Thomas Jefferson.

Gridlock is good.

Michael E. Berube

Message from MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] Country of Manufacture)