Subject: [Leica] Re: Country of Origin
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:07:02 -0500

> From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
>
>  When I buy Leica I buy a piece of THAT action.

Can't disagree more strongly. When I bought my Leica, it was because I liked
the handling and most importantly, the photographic results. Certainly I
want the camera to be able to take some abuse over a long period of time,
but photographic quality is paramount. I don't care that Germany once made
cool-looking Stukas. THAT action means nothing to me when I shoot
photographs and exhibit them. Absolutely meaningless. And somehow the fact
that parts of my Leica might have been made by "donkey-riding" Portugese
(your words) doesn't tarnish my photographs in the slightest. Because that's
ALL my eyes and those of my audience cares about.