Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
From: "Mark Rutledge" <markrut@ticnet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:39:15 -0600

 The German examples you cite made there reputations quite a long time ago
when the world was a very different place(education levels,economy etc.).
You're buying a piece of an "action" based on outdated and ancient world
view.
  I'm not quite clear on your assertion that natural ability dominates all
other factors. There are many people who play professional soccer(or
anything else) and are very good because they work/train at it and don't
have the natural ability of Ronaldo.
You believe natural ability in a specific area is defined by country of
origin? Did you believe that the Soviet Union just had more people with
"natural ability" when they were dominating sports in the pre-collapse days?
Germany has a lock on people w/ a genetic predisposition to engineering?
 To say that anyone because of where they were born is inferior to someone
else is astonishing! To carry your argument to it's logical next step, are
you saying that people from Germany are smarter than people from the rest of
the world? Wow, I didn't think people like you still existed.

Mark Rutledge