Subject: Re: [Leica] Favorite screw-mount Leicas and lenses
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 22:29:28 -0500

 Mike Stoesz wrote:

I have recently become quite involved in acquiring and using several
screw-mount Leicas and am curious as to whether members of this list are
using them regularly.

What are your favorite models and lenses and why?

Mike,

I have been using both a III and IIIf RD for nearly a year. The compact size of the screwmount cameras and lenses enable me to carry one with me all the time. As a result, I shoot on a daily basis.

The IIIf feels a bit smoother and more refined in use compared to the earlier III and has a quieter shutter. I use the IIIf with a 50mm Summicron which I bought for the extra speed it has over the 2.8 Elmar that I previously used with it. With a 50mm lens I recommend the use of the SBOOI bright line viewfinder. For me the 100% image size is a great improvement over the small viewfinder in the camera. My III is generally used with a 35mm 2.5 Nikkor lens which is very compact. Both serve me very well.

Robert

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Favorite screw-mount Leicas and lenses)