Subject: [Leica] Seriously silly
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 18:10:53 -0600

I'm not taking it too seriously. "Quantifying" bokeh is really silly. Heck,
the Japanese, who verge on being obsessed with it, can't even agree on what
their descriptive terms even _mean_. Maybe Ken I. could translate a dozen or
so of the more opaque terms for us. If he doesn't step in, I'll see if I can
find some examples.

Actually, talking about and looking at bokeh is probably pretty silly too.
But then, so is worrying about which film developer you use, and which, um,
camera. I'm into all those things, so who am I to talk?

- --Mike