Subject: Re: [Leica] Photographs are to look at
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:49:54 -0800

goldman@math.umn.edu wrote:

> Mark;
>         You seem to be saying that if you have a camera lens combination
> that consistently gives you results that you feel are wonderful and then
> Irwin measures and claims you are deluding yourself, you will give up your
> equipment ???
> Jay
><Snip>
Which shows are well I communicate when i start getting off the wall.
If i start thinking I've got a beaut of a piece of glass because of some great
images i seem to be getting with it and Erwins technical evaluations back that
up than I'm twice pleased. It's nice to see the numbers back up ones empiricisms.
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

Erwin is not all numbers. In his writings he has said more than once that a
certain optics fingerprint might appeal to a certain user despite negative
scientific evidence.
And he also often qualifies specifically his findings talking about how you'd
need a sandbagged tripod to tell the difference.