Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-R Extension Tubes
From: Andy Schaub <andy@borehamwood.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 10:31:53 -0800

At 05:46 AM 11/25/00 -0800, you wrote:

>Another thought: is your existing extension tube the old version (14198)
with the aperture ring?.  The 14256 extension tube is (IMHO) better for
R-cameras because it not only performs the same functions as the 14198 with
the 60 Macro, it can also be used with any other R-lens.

Mine can be used with any lens; and I have used it with the 50 and a 90 I
owned but sold a while back. It looks like the 100 2.8 stands as the #1
recommendation; but I had read that the 60 exceeds it in terms of
sharpness. Maybe the local camera store will let me play with it a bit ... ;-)

Thanks,
Andy