Subject: [Leica] Blue motorcycles and red trucks
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:33:59 -0600

> Many years ago while working at a motorcycle shop during college.
> When I asked the lady who wanted to buy a sparkplug, what kind of
> motorcycle her son owned she said "a blue one."
>
> She was not joking either, but was quite flustered as soon as she thought
> aobut what she'd said.
>
> Henry

Henry,
You've heard about the hillbilly whose house caught on fire. She called the
fire department, and they asked her how to get to her house. She answered,
"Uh, don't you all still have them big red trucks of yours?"

It's really quite serious that 911 is advertised as "nine-one-one" instead
of "nine-eleven" because a small segment of the population couldn't dial it
because they couldn't find the eleven on their phones. If you figure that
people are occasionally under immense stress when they have to dial 911,
this even makes a bit of sense.

- --Mike

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Blue motorcycles and red trucks)