Subject: Re: [Leica] subs in Chicago
From: "Paul Arnold" <osprey@bmt.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 08:10:59 -0700

This may be the only chance I ever get to correct you, Roger, so I'd better
seize the opportunity before someone beats me to it.

You wrote:

> As I said once before, the Museam of Science and
> Industry is probably 5 to 7+ miles south of Navy Pier
> on Lake Shore Drive. Been there several times, went
> through the sub too.
>
> University of Chicago is near Greek Town on the near
> west side of Chicago, easily 8 miles away from the
> Museam of Science and Industry. It is about a mile
> away from the intersection of Racine and Jackson.

You are generally correct, Roger, about the location of The Museum of
Science and Industry relative to Navy Pier, though I'm unsure of the exact
mileage.

However, relative to the University of Chicago, the Museum of Science and
Industry is more or less due East, situated near Lake Michigan.

I believe the campus you are referring to is not the University of Chicago
(located in the suburb of Hyde Park) but is, rather, the University of
Illinois Chicago campus. UIC is located not too far South of Greek town, and
Racine & Jackson would not be far away from it.

UIC has a very agreeable campus, but there is no U-boat there.

- -- Paul

Paul Arnold
22 Sunrise St.
Dillon, Montana