Subject: [Leica] subs in Chicago
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:11:59

This has been a topic of less than no interest to me, but as someone
actually living in Chicago it has sometimes caught my eye enough to see that
several people have given names and addresses for museums which don't exist,
or aren't where people have said they are. The Museum of Science and
Industry is not near downtown, is not on State Street. It's quite far down
in the south side, near the lake and the University of Chicago. It does have
a sub, but I seem to remember that the one everyone's referring to was
planned to be dragged over to some museum in Michigan from its Navy Pier
site about 12 years ago. I don't remember if the one at the museum is a
different one, or represented a change of plans for the first, not being up
on subs.

So before anyone makes any plans, probably it's a good idea just to check
the museum's website and see what they really do have, and where they really
are.

- --Michael