Subject: [Leica] 90/2 Apo Aspheric: stiff focusing ??
From: "David Freedman" <dpfreedman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:02:16 -0500

A question for you 90 Apo Aspheric owners:  I just got one and, right out of
the box, found the focusing action to be extremely stiff and uneven.
Rotation is smooth from infinity down to approx. the 8-foot mark on the
scale, then gets noticeably stiffer down to 5-feet or so, then eases up a
bit. With the camera up to my eye, I actually find it difficult to turn the
focusing ring from near to far. Is this typical or should it be exchanged
for a different sample?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks much,

Dave F.