Subject: RE: [Leica] 90 F2 Summicron: M vs. R for candids
From: Thomas Donovan <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:02:29 -0500

Dan Honemann,

>>Determined to find justification for an R8 yet......<<
>>focus anywhere on the screen without having<<
              >>to recompose<<

Doug Herr's summary; " Using a viewfinder that was
actually designed for manual focus" says it all.

The R8 is a sheer joy to use for portrait shooting.

You know you've captured the moment when
the shutter/mirror makes that soft "ker plunk" ;-)!

If only Leica would release their 90 f2 apo for the R!
My R dream kit would then be complete ;-)!

Tom D.