Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #197
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:26:23 -0800

Darrell Wood wrote:

> I currently have;
> 2 M6 bodies/90 f2.8 in Chrome/50 f2/35m Asp 2.8 Chrome/21Asp 2.8.Chrome
> Would any body recommend I replace the 90 2.8 with the F2 Asp.
>
> Many Thanks

I am using both the 90 2.8 with the F2 Asp. Together.
One on a body with color and the other on a black and white body.
As time passes and with some real testing I'll have a handle i think on the real
differences between these two lenses.
I'd recommend if you can at all swing it to hold on to your first lens so you
can do the same;
find out if the new lens really is getting you better images by doing a direct
real time comparisons.
The balance feel look msup*&^ of the 90 F2 Summicron Asph apo is beyond belief.
My impressions so far is that this lens is the best Leica m has to offer.
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

I think the 90 Elmarit is primo but the Summicron apo Asph my be the best lens
is the history of the &^%$# universe.
A reason in itself to go Leica m.
but we'll see.