Subject: Re: [Leica] ......Leicas in movies......
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:39:22 -0500

I don't know about in Germany, but at the Museum of Science and Industry, in
Chicago, they used to have U-505 on exhibit- you entered a hole cut in one
end, and exited a hole cut in the other,  vast quantities of claustrophobia
in between- it made the old submariner joke make sense---

The U-boot skipper gets on the intercom and announces, "Achtung!, The crew
vill assemble at 0800 hour for a change of UNDERWEAR!"
This is followed by loud cheers of joy and acclaim!
The Kapitan- LT. continues-, "Schmidt vill change mit Grüber, Haas vill
change mit Treudl, Söder vill change mit Gerwig, und...."

Carries the concept of 'hot-bunking' to a whole new level!!

Dan (Who switched from Ünterseeboots to Flugzeugträgeren after seeing
U-505)Post

>   >>
> In a submarine , I'd definitly bring along my 15 mm Heliar and a box of
Tmax