Subject: Re: [Leica] ......Leicas in movies......
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:39:28 -0500

It is an amazing movie that TOTALLY eliminates the glamour associated with the submarine service....You can smell the stink, experience the claustrophbia, feel the fear.....similarlly, there was a very good documentary on Nova recently that told the tale of a group of divers who found the wreck of a
U-boat off the coast of New Jersey and over four summer finally managed to get something off it to correctly identify it....The show included a great deal of background about the development of the U-boats, and the WWII U-Boat service...including the interesting fact that when you look at the overall
statistics, the U-boat service was a gross failure during WWII...sank less than 1% of North Atlantic shipping, and resulted in the loss of the vast majority of the U-boats and crews.....