Subject: [Leica] Haas Eggleston
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 08:38:56 +0100

Just because it isn't a picture of Monument Valley or a bullfight doesn't
mean it isn't a good picture.
Eggleston's work is quieter, as I recall, and therefore requires a bit more
work to appreciate perhaps.
I recall Paul Klee's comment that when he wants to look at a picture he
requires a chair to sit on, because it's a process that takes time.
There's a lot of photography around that delivers an immediate message or
punch, but there is also less dramatic stuff. And, from my experience, the
latter is a lot harder to get right than the former.
Rob.
Keep jerking that knee, your leg'll come unstuck.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO
Italy