Subject: [Leica] B+W 39mm MR filter - weird groove
From: Arnold Sung <arnoldsung@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 21:23:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi all, I just bought a new B+W multi-resistant
UV-Haze filter to use with my 50/2-M Summicron lens.
I notice that there is a groove around the outer ring
of the filter.  I'm wondering what this groove might
be for.  The only thing I can come up with is that one
might be able to clip an old-style circular hood onto
the filter.  Any insights appreciated.  Thanks,

Arnold