Subject: Re: [Leica] How to get comfortable with my Leica?
From: Laurent Lathieyre <lol@wcube.fr>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:13:42 +0100

I think you got very nice advices ! I myself find sometimes difficult to
get in the front of people to take
pictures. I found out that asking before shooting was a failure - I
believe I must look too tensed while
asking.. :-) Just think THEY are in YOUR line of fire, not the opposite.
An other thing,  a little bit more on the practical side : I think
holding the camera around the
neck/shoulder is not very convenient - I haven't tried wrist handle yet
- - but I am now very comfortable
using a Billingham Hadley bag. This is an expensive piece, however the
way you open/close the bag is
just great and allow you very quick action. It uses a 'Clog-Ball Quick'
release front straps with buckle
adjustment and strap retainers. As soon as you've finished your shooting
you can put your camera back in
the bag as easily and fast. I carry it on my right side at the hip
level, with the handle accross my chest.
Their site is http://www.billingham.com/
Have fun with your M6 ! I never experienced so much joy taking pictures
with something else than a M6
! And if you've put 6-month salary worth into your camera think about
insuring it against damage/thief -
you will feel more relaxed.
Regards,

- --
Laurent Lathieyre
Framfab, 76 av. Pierre Brossolette,92240 Malakoff, France - Tel:+33
1-55481100 Fax:+33 1-47350000
"Don't surf. Make the waves !" - http://www.framfab.fr
mailto:laurent.lathieyre@framfab.fr
VISIT http://www.framfab.fr NOW ONLINE !