Subject: Re: [Leica] UV filter for Noctilux-measurable light loss??
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:34:25 -0600

>I was only doing the test to justify leaving the UV filter off to others on
>the LUG.  I have no intention of putting a piece of glass in front of my
>Leica lenses!
>I'll try it again with the spotmeter but no matter what it shows, I'm still
>not using filters!  If reflections or flare from the filter ruin even one
>picture, it's too many for me.
>
>Tina

I'm not arguing either way. And definitely not picking on you.
Hope it did not sound that way.
I don't think you (or anyone) need a reason to use a filter or not.

Its just that we were actually talking about photography for a change so
I joined in. (then realized what I'd done and followed up with the "chad"
post)

If anyone who IS concerned about this issue would please go test it for
themselves then we'd accomplish multiple objectives - finding out what
our gear does and
actually using our cameras!

Best,
Henry
heading out the door with a camera in hand