Subject: Re: [Leica] Historical Cavil
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:53:36 -0500

Marc-
I know I am gonna get flamed, but I have always wanted to know- and you seem
to be the quintessential answer man!
Did the progeny of the Hapsburgs really have tails!?
I have heard that rumor for so many years, and have wondered more about that
than I did about Katherine the Greats supposedly strange sexual
proclivities!

Dan ( waiting to be made aghast at the answer!) Post

 > Wow!  To set the record straight:
>
> King George III was the first of the House of Hanover to speak English
more
> fluently than German -- his great-grandfather, George I, spoke virtually
no
> English, and his grandfather, George II, preferred German to English.
>
> George III was also King of Hannover.  He had no connection with Prussia
> save that both he and the King of Prussia were electors in the Holy Roman
> Empire.
>
> The German troops employed by the British in the American Revolutionary
War

Replies: Reply from "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] Historical Cavil)