Subject: Re: [Leica] OT processing color neg
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:04:00 -0600

All knowing LUGgers,

Does anyone here have first-hand experience processing color negative
film?
By hand? In a Jobo or similar machine?
I'd love to hear about your experiences.

I've moved my studio from downtown and now instead of being one block
from a good pro lab, I am 25 miles away! (no, I'm not crazy, its just
that most of my work for money is with digital stuff so I don't have to
be downtown. But one roll of color film though means a 50 mile round-trip)

I'd like to be able to do my own color negatives and of course, XP2 too.
Yes, I know that there's a mini-lab on every corner but they don't do
roll film (MF) and the possibilities for mishandling are high. 4X5 sheet
film capability would be welcome as well. I have B&W darkroom facilities
and a little space and money for a processor if I need one. But if a
water bath and carefull manual work will do then I'm willing.

So tell me all about home made C41! You probably can't tell too much.

Please write me off list.

Thanks,
Henry Ambrose
digphoto@telalink.net